Alumni visit Green Valley for inaugural reunion day
On Thursday 7th of January 2016, a group of around 25 Green Valley Alumni members braved the elements and paid a visit to their former campus for an afternoon of socialising with friends and teachers as well as some friendly sporting competition.
The afternoon was considered an unparalleled success with students and teachers alike enjoying the relaxed atmosphere, the chance to reconnect with old friends and teachers and the chance to give staff a run for their money on the football field and the basketball court.
The alumni really pushed staff to the brink in the Basketball competition, it could have been the age gap, or maybe a few too many mince pies over the Christmas break but whichever way you cut it- 10-8 to alumni girls and 12-8 to alumni boys speaks for itself.
When the action moved over the football pitch the tables turned with the staff getting a reprise thrashing the alumni 6-1 on a pitch which one Alumni describe as ‘a bog’ after the torrential rains. Sour grapes maybe.
The day culminated in a courtside party and BBQ where the staff and ex-students had a chance to mingle, catch up and share memories of their time at St. Andrews. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.
We took some time at the end of the day to speak with some of the alumni and catch up on what they have been up to.
Here are seven things you didn’t know about our alumni;
- Tee (Class of 2014) Spent his summer as a waiting tables in Philadelphia US, up until that point he had never had a job before. He found it a very humbling experience.
- Isada (Class of 2014) Loves living in his new home in London, he does miss the weather in Thailand though.
- Jasmine (Class of 2014) is on the party planning committee at her university in the Netherlands. She is also in a Sorority- Illicio house. When she graduates she would like to work on a cruise ship for a year.
- Jason (Class of 2014) is in the envious position of attending the University of Michigan on a golf scholarship. He gets to travel around the US for free playing on some of the best courses in the world. Jason likes to party with his golf team buddies.
- Joel (Class of 2013) is studying Life Science at the University of Toronto. Joel says that Canadians are as polite as they say they are. He has never seen a Mountie.
- When we asked James (Class of 2012) what he got up to when he wasn’t studying he declined to comment. He also claims he was a model student.
- Julian (Class of 2015) can still be seen hanging around St. Andrews from time-to-time. He claims he is going to Australia to study hospitality management at the end of the month.