All staff and volunteers at St Andrews International School are committed to keeping children safe, ensuring the well-being of our school community and promoting a culture of care.
What does safeguarding mean?
We have a strong safeguarding culture at St Andrews and this can be seen through our:
- Rigorous safer recruitment process
- Regular safeguarding training for all staff
- Positive student to student and student and staff relationships
- Student consulted PSHE education program
- Student voice initiatives
- Student and staff mentor system
- Pastoral care systems
- Independent safeguarding reviews
Sometimes we may seek support from external agencies, including for early help and intervention. We have good links with a range of support services such as counseling, psychologists, SEN specialists and behaviour therapists.
We have a designated member of staff who takes responsibility for this area.
Laura Kerr is the Designated Safeguarding Lead
Child protection policies are available upon request.