All secondary students also attend a weekly assembly which focuses on recognising student achievement as well as informing students about what is happening at school in the near future. On a Thursday afternoon, students participate in two 50 minute activity sessions of their own choice. Activity options are wide and varied and usually include drama, sport, cultural and artistic options.
As a School, it is essential that we develop every aspect of a child. Exam results are important, however ensuring that a child is happy and enjoying learning is more important as a happy child will work harder and therefore learn more quickly. In addition to learning through traditional subject lessons, students are given the opportunity to:
- take part in a variety of sports;
- learn a musical instrument;
- be part of a drama production;
- develop their public speaking ability;
- take on responsibility through student leadership roles;
- explore how the world works through Model United Nations
- develop a culture of “giving is better than receiving” through our community service programme.